Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
placement for ds7?

My ds is coming home from public school in the fall. He finished 2nd in ps using Singapore Math. I can't say that he was highly successful with it. He can do mental math, can add a subtract but not quickly, has been introduced to multiplication and division, and still is not able to tell time. Math was a struggle for him this year. He is young for having finished 2nd grade and will be turning 8 in July. I'm thinking that we should be using level 3 but thought that I would ask here for any advice. Thanks, Kim

Re: placement for ds7?

Kim,

Hello! Thank you for your email! It looks like we have some very strong areas and also some not so strong that we need to polish!

Have you taken then Starting Level Questionnaire from the website yet? I would advise to walk through the questions on there first. I do have an idea of what level we would place him in. When taking the placement test I would have your son with you, as we do have a few sample problems that they can do for you!

I would say Level C would be your start, but I feel the best bet for your situation you need to do the Starting Level Questionnaire for placement. Of course play the games for fun and reinforcement of the concepts!!! :)

The Level C Kit comes with the Math Card Games book which is a great resource for many concepts that need a little extra push. Not to mention the games a fun!

Now as far as reinforcement of the ideas, I highly suggest playing the games. We have many wonderful games on clocks that sound like they would help out!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you and make it a great day!

Cassie :)