Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Level B and 8 year old daughter

Don't be too concerned. Level C focuses on solidifying subtraction and introducing multiplication. I would keep going and not worry about it.
Lisa

Re: Level B and 8 year old daughter

Hello Lisa,

I would not be concerned in the least bit.
Now you know what games and what concepts you need to review more often for her. And Level C will review all the Level B concepts, so don’t skip the first few lessons.

She will know her subtraction by the end of Level C and be well on her way to learning her multiples, so fear not.

The only supplements I recommend is to be doing more of the games. If you have the games book you should be trying to figure some of them out. If they seem too confusing to know which one would be good for your child, call our 888-272-3291 customer service number and we can further assist you on that.

Finally, I have to address the part about being “behind”.
We have been given the greatest gift to specialize our children’s learning environment for the exact needs of our individual child. We are not teachers, we are mentors-- which is a different calling than a teacher. It involves interaction, skill and knowing when to customize our curriculum to the needs of our beloved students. We are here to make them the best students they are meant to be. So if your daughter is doing well and moving forward, and does not feel that she is behind, how can she be behind? It sounds like she is exactly where she needs to be. If she has struggles those are moments for you to do games, review and sometimes to take a break from the idea altogether.

If you are taking your time, playing the games, are teaching math consistently, and keeping your time limited each math session, you will find that she will pick up speed and most importantly she will have knowledge of math and will not fear math, if even if she is not the fastest.

Remember, her public school counter parts are most likely doing more poorly than she is doing, since over half of them will have to take remedial math in college. So again, rest easy about her being behind, just keep moving forward and doing the games, this program does a great job at teaching them what they need to know and you will do a great job helping her learn what she needs to know.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com .

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics