Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: help please

Hello Lori,

I highly recommend that you call our 888-272-3291 cusomter service number.
They can better assess the situation.
Before I could offer advice, I would want to know how often you teach math, how often you play games. Do you do the warm ups? Are you letting him use the abacus? You should always let him use the abacus if he still needs it. Does he have any learning challenges? On the phone they will go over all of this and brainstorm how you can better teach to his learning style.

My encouragement is that time and experience will help all of this, assuming he has no major learning impariment. And you may want to consider using a large whiteboard for you and him to write on.

You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291 I answer phones on Wed.
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics

Thank you for your advice. While I was waiting for the post to be answered, we just forged ahead and have apparently gotten over this hiccup. He seems to be remembering things again and his comprehension is much better from lesson to lesson. Maybe this is just a case of a brain taking some time to catch up with concepts covered.

Hi Lori,

I am glad he is moving along in his math. And you are right; sometimes it is just time they need to process all of these concepts.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com .

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics