Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: LOTS of questions

Hello Melinda,

I think Shauna answered perfectly.

We are a complete program, and do not need to supplement.

Our grades are OUR grades, A=PreK, B=First Grade and so on, but if you were in another program you may find that we do not grade across other programs. For instance, if your child was in 4th grade at a public school, chances are they would need to be in Level D, even though that is OUR third grade. Plus, we have MANY 13 years old doing Level B, because it is really not a school grade, it is a nesscessary math foundation! Our levels are lettered and not graded for a reason.

Should you start at a lower level? Not nesscessarly, it depends on the child, though I find many parents who are glad they chose the lower level. If your child is 5 ½ and advanced it is possible that they may do well in Level B…as long as you resolve to take your time like 18months or more) and you camp out on the concepts he needs more time in. For instance, I did my first child at Level B at age 5 ½ and we took 3 weeks to do place value, but had we done Level A it would not have taken so long.

So if you take your time, limit the amount of time you spend on each at session (about 20min for a 5year old), be consisent, and play the games regularly, he should do well and enjoy the challenge that he knows math can offer.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com .

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics