Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Level C multiplication

We're on lesson 104 in Level C and when my 7.5 yr old daughter is doing the equations, she is counting by multiples to get the answer - is this correct? I'm not clear on whether this is the correct way, or if she should be looking for patterns (ie, 7x7 is 7x5, then add 14).

Thanks,
Amy

Re: Level C multiplication

Hello Primerose,

I would not be too concerned that she is still skip counting, though I would point out the other ways she could have solved it-like the example you gave.

She just needs more time and more experience with the multiples (by experience, I don’t mean more worksheets, I mean more games.:)) . She will have more time throughout the rest of Level C and most of Level D, which is where I found both of my older kids seemed to finally grasp the majority of their multiples, including the patterns. So keep showing her different ways to solve it (patterns), and let time, and experience do the rest.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com .

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics