Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How much time to spend per day for level C

Thank you both for your suggestions. We have taken the last week and slowed way down. We have played lots of games and on the days that we have done the actual lesson work I have set a timer for 20 minutes. After that time we play a game. It is going to take time I think to reestablish some enthusiasm but she seems to be relaxing somewhat. It is helpful to know that most people do not finish level C in one year. Truly I just want her to really understand math and not fear it.

Thank you again for your help!

Nicole

Re: Re: How much time to spend per day for level C

I just wanted to add something to this topic. I use RightStart as a supplement to my daughters' public school curriculum. I have two girls, ages 8 and 5. With my 5 year old, I am using RSA and it's amazing how well she's doing with it. She really enjoys her math time and we break down each lesson in two parts and our sessions only last anywhere between 10-15 minutes. Now, with my 8 year old daughter (and this is where this post may be of interest to you), who is in third grade, I am still working through RSB!! We started RSB last year in second grade!! Granted, she goes to public school full time and we do math about 3x per week, sometimes 1x on the weekend. I have so much faith in this program and it's ability to help my math phobic daughter really grasp concepts that I will stick with it no matter what (although it does get challenging at times with our very busy schedule)!! Rest assured that even though it may take more than a school year to complete a level, you are still giving your daughter a very strong foundation in math and allowing her the confidence to be comfortable with the one subject so many children have trouble with. We're almost finished with level B and I've looked ahead to level C and there are many, many topics in there that haven't even been covered in third grade yet!! Venn Diagrams were just introduced in class last month!!!!!!! Let me not even get started with multiplication!!

Cassie

Re: Re: Re: How much time to spend per day for level C

Thank you for posting Cassie,

I have heard this often from mothers and fathers who supplement the public school math with RS.

I agree if you are to supplement, Level B is a wise choice and to take your time, because they need this information.

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics