Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Worksheet 57

Wow, it would be pretty hard for anyone to read to 100th of a cm, it would be a fine ruler indeed that had those markings! My suspicion is that it's a typo. What do the answers suggest?

I don't know what level you're referring to... worksheet 57 for level E does have hundredths, but not of a centimeter, it's decimals in squares... Anyway, my guess would be typo and it should be tenths?

Re: Worksheet 57

Hello Jenessa,

Okay, I believe you are referring to the Geo App.

Yes, Dr. Cotter wants you to "measure" to the hundredths. I know I had the same reaction. Once my son understood it was closer to guess work then not, plus we started using the blue MM compass to measure, he had no problem...except that our answers weren't exactly the same has hers, but I would double check and if he was right with his measurements, we moved on.

Let me encourage you that this is a challenging level to teach, but it has been worth it, especially as your children move on to college level, and if they are gifted in engineering, or computer science, you will be happy you did this program like I am…And I have to teach it two more times!

Please let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com .

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics