Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Buy Level A or use what I have?

If you are comfortable going slowly and supplementing, go ahead and use level B. That's what I was told when I first considered RS. I knew I wasn't at a point that I could comfortably do that, so I bought level A. It's your personal preference.

Re: Buy Level A or use what I have?

Hello H.Hawkins,

I agree with Shauna.

It is a personal choice. If you can slow it down and create longer lessons for each lesson, and be prepared to take two year to do Level B then it is possible to do.

If you prefer to have the lessons planned out for you and to move at a more consistent pace, then Level A would be the better choice.

Now I can say as the children who did Level A verses those who started at Level B start to emerge more we are finding that teaching Level B is much easier to teach if you first taught Level A. So for 5yo I tend to recommend starting in Level A to create an even easier teaching and learning time in Level B.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com .

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics