Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
any products for a gifted high schooler?

Hi- does Right Start offer products for a gifted high school child? My son is brilliant and bored in gifted classes. I'm looking to supplement at home.

Thanks.

Re: any products for a gifted high schooler?

Dear Carol,
No, RightStart only goes through Middle School. Sorry. Nancy

Re: any products for a gifted high schooler?

Carol,

Though we don't have high school mathematics, your son may still be intrigued by our Geometric Approach.

It requires a large amount of critical thinking skills. It requires understanding, not memorizing the foundations of math. It teaches math in a visual, hands-on approach, that even has high school teachers excited when they see this program.

It is not Geometry exactly, it is math, done using geometry. They will experience algebra, trig. and geometric concepts. If your son is headed towards engineering, science, or computer technology, both of you will find the benefits from this program more then satisfactory. It is not like any other program you have experienced.

You didn’t say in your post what math level he is in, nor did you say how old he is, so I can’t speak to his age, but this is more hands-on, and critical thinking; this may be the something that he is looking for. Being bored does not always mean that it is below the child, sometimes the presentation is down right boring. Gifted and special needs children are similar in that they require a higher quality of teaching and this program meets those needs.

I hope you find what you are looking for, even if you don’t choose this program. I know not having a child fulfill their talents can be taxing on a mother looking to see what will help, so hang in there and keep looking, it will come.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com .

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics