Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: transition lessons

Well, I started with the transition lessons yesterday. (I don't have the book yet, but looked at the Table of Contents and took a guess at what the 1st lesson would include...I combined some of the early Book B lessons.) Both students enjoyed the lesson, and I was amazed at how much they needed it. I had been a bit reluctant to do such very basic work with 3rd graders, but I'm glad I did.

I started the lesson by 'flashing' the 'higher' dot cards (the cards w/ 7, 8, 9, or 10 dots) and they laughed and said of course they couldn't tell me those quantities. Well, by the end of the lesson they could! With no counting! It was a great beginning, especially for the one student whose skills are particularly low. I'll see them again tomorrow, and I think we're all looking forward to it.

I will keep you up to date. I've used your products a LOT, but have never started completely over with a student and am very interested to see how it will go.

Thanks for your recommendation. This forum is a valuable service, and your products are fantastic!
lizzy

Re: Re: Re: transition lessons

Thanks, Lizzy, for sharing your great success story and for your high praise. We at RightStart believe that satisfied customers is our strongest endorsement Thanks for keeping us informed as you go along.
Nancy