Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Thank you Carissa.....(more)

I really appreciate the information. I really like your illustration of driving....especially since my oldest just got her permit.

I might not have been very clear in my original post. I actually have the Lesson books and Worksheet books for levels B, C and D. I have just the Lesson book for Level A. It's copyright is 2001. After the appendices there is a Game Log and then pages called Worksheet 1 Writing Tally Marks, Worksheet 2 Combining Tally Sticks, all the way through Worksheet 28 Finding Equal Lengths, and then ends with the lyrics to Yellow is the Sun and Writing Numbers. So, I'm thinking that these would be the very same worksheets in the new individual worksheet book. So, I wouldn't have to even buy the worksheets. But, I wanted to make sure that these are the same worksheets...or are they different or does the worksheet book have more worksheets than just 28 (does that make sense??)?

I have all the manipulatives except for the geometric solids, geometry reflector, base 10 picture cards, and fraction puzzle (I have one vinyl and 2 plastic fraction charts though), the game cards, the Math Card Game book, the Transition book, Al Abacus (2 of them). So, I'm happy that I'm pretty well all set from Level A through Level D.

I will definitely rethink using this with my 13 year old. Maybe I'll give it another try with him. I appreciate all of your suggestions. If you don't mind taking the time, maybe you could let me know if you think I am all set with the Level A Lesson book I have, which appears to have 28 worksheets in the back. I'm thinking I don't have to buy the workbook (worksheets) for Level A since I must already have them. Is this correct?

Thank you!
Tracy

Re: Thank you Carissa.....(more)

Hello Tracy,

It sounds like you have the correct Level A that has the worksheets in the back of the Lessons. So you do not need to get more worksheets for Level A, for this child.

You can go without the Geometric Solids, the base-ten cards should have come with the Level B, since you won't need it will Level A. You really don't need the fraction puzzle (though it is the greatest tool for anyone learning about fractions, it is much better then the vinyl). The Geo reflector is a personal choice at this point, it is nice to have but if you already have a small mirror that will work too. And the Appendices A&B is another personal choice as it is more of a convenience item, but most moms find it is worth getting to save themselves time.

You absolutely need an abacus, and the six decks of math cards, plus I recommend the Math Card Games Book for your older children.

Remember take your time, be consistent, play the games, and please call our 888-272-3291 if you need encouragement or guidance.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com .

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics