Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Difference between Book A & B

Hello Violet,

Level A teaches the same concepts that the first 25, or so, lessons in Level B do. The difference is Level A is geared to a very concrete mind and will take more time exploring and teaching the concepts. It is laid out with more activities and scripted conversations for the parent and more concrete for the child to engage with.

The first lessons of Level B go more rapidly, assuming the child has a basic understanding of the concepts but are in need of learning the ideas with a new math language.

I often encourage mothers with younger children to start in Level A. If you have a child 6-8yo, pending there are no learning problems, then I would encourage a parent to start in Level B. For even older children who have learning problems or are far behind in math skills, I recommend starting in Level B.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com .

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics

Re: Difference between Book A & B

Hello Again Violet,

I forgot to add that after the initial similarities, Level B then continues to teach addition strategies, single digit and double digit. It teaches place value up to the thousands place, and it works on time, money, simple fractions, and geometry.
By the end of Level B they can add double digit in their head, explain how place value works and do many inpressive math things. Level B is such a great foundation for mathematics.

Again, you should pick a level depending on the age, development level, math skill ability, and your teaching compatibility.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com .

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics