Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Getting Started

Hello Julie,

I think what you wrote sounds correct.

Get Level B Starter Kit, plus and extra worksheet, and Abacus, then when the older one is ready, get the B-to-C Level Add-on kit.

If you are taking him through the Level B you shouldn't need to do the Transitions Lessons.

And I agree that you should try to go through Level B, if you find he is flying by too quickly, then email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com and I will point to the major lessons he needs to do so he does not need to the transitions and can go straight to Level C.

Yes, there will be review of Level B in the first few lessons of Level C.

And as I like to encourage first time users. Please take your time. Let the child be your guide as to how to progress and not the workbook.

I always recommend doing no more that 30 min of math each day, be consistent in your teaching of math, and PLAY THE GAMES.

I cannot over emphasize how important the games are to this and any math program.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com .

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics