Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 30 min a day

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your kind words.

The 30 min concept will depend on your child.

For instance, I have one child I can do the 30 min of math instruction, and then later add on the games.
But I also have a child who can only tolerate 30min total in a day. So I do 30 min with him and if we don't finish the lesson, we continue the next day, and usually finish it with enough time to do a game. So we get to the games every other day. And on Fridays, as I try to make sure that is game day. With my youngest (age 7) I do 20 min math, the rest games, I find she is slower to understand so we go slower and do more games and then she gets better and what we are learning.

So my point is, it depends on the child. But keep the 30min as your guiding line. But the way you did it sounds good to me.

KEEP IT UP!!

Please let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com .

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics

Re: Re: 30 min a day

Hi Carissa!

Thanks for your reply and encouragement. Yes, I was the mom who kept hanging out at your booth throughout the entire conference. I'm sure you wondered if I would ever leave!

Transitions is going well and my daughter begs to do math every day. I never thought I'd see the day!

Now I don't know what to do with my younger son who is begging me to switch to RS!

Thanks!
Linda