Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: RightStart Level E Lesson 83 check numbers

Dear Eva,
Just a couple more things regarding check numbers. The game number for this skill is A63 and it is also explained step by step in the D level lessons 47, 49, & 50. Also, if you still want more help, just do a search at the top of the page on the forum for check numbers and you will see lots of other posts that may help make it even more clear for you. Sometimes the way one person explains it seems more clear than another. It also shows you that you are not the only person who doesn't get this skill. it takes time and effort at first but it unlocks so much once it is mastered.
Nancy

Re: RightStart Level E Lesson 83 check numbers

We just hit lesson 47 in Level D as well, and my mind boggled.

I saw that it was covered in the lessons ahead, so I expect I'll pull it together. My first response was why do it, if we need a chart, etc., but I looked ahead, and looked here. I trust it will become easier and more natural to use, and help my daughter check her work (she has an unhappy habit of mixing addition and subtraction without caring whether answers make any sense, I'm afraid).

I would, however, respectfully suggest that it might be nice to include a note for parents in Lesson 47 that helps guide US through the process, or reassure us that further explanation lies ahead. Just a bit more in the scripting would stave off parental anxiety at this point, I believe. Thanks, as always!

Kristina

Re: RightStart Level E Lesson 83 check numbers

Dear Kristina,

I will mention your suggestion at our next company meeting, as to adding a note to partents that they will be further explaing chck numbers in the next few lessons.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. You can email me directly at Carissa@alabacus.com .

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math,

Carissa
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics