Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Switching to RightStart

I am homeschooling my daughter, who is almost 7 and a rising 2nd grader. Here is what we have used for math so far:

Pre-K: Singapore Early Bird 1A/1B, 2A/2B
K: Rod & Staff Grade One
1st: MCP A, Evan-Moor Skill Sharpeners 2, Singapore Primary Math 2A (part), livingmath.net books

We may have the opportunity next year for her to participate in a cottage school where I would be teaching. The other children have been using RightStart, so we would be switching over. I used the little questionnaire and determined that she would need to start with Level C. I understand that there are some transition lessons, and I'd like to do those with her over the summer so that she will be ready to dive right in with the other kids in the fall. Can Carissa (or someone else who's BTDT) give me a list of what I would need to buy and some tips on what the most cost-effective package would be for our needs? We are starting from zero in terms of manipulatives.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Switching to RightStart

Hello Drew,

I think your most cost-effective route is to get the Standard Level C Starter Kit $180

It has everything you need plus it is discounted because grouped together.

Another way to keep cost down more is to ask, in the comment sections of the online order form, for any books that are gently used books. If we have any in stock we will give you 20% off of each book in stock.

But note, we don't always have gently used books, it is first come first serve.

Hope that helps,

Carissa
RightStart Mathematics

Re: Switching to RightStart

Thank you, Carissa! That's just what I needed to know.