Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RS Level A Questions

Are the Geometric Solids included in the RS A starter kit?

I do not see them listed, but I want to be certain.

Are they simply recommended?

How much use does the recommended Math Balance receive in Level A?
I see that it is included in the Level B Add-on Kit, so I'm wondering if I should purchase it with A, and get the manuals and necessary manipulatives for B when that time arrives.

Your thoughts?

Thank you.

Re: RS Level A Questions

Hello Chris,

The Geometric Solids are not included in the Starter Kit. They are only recommended, not required.

The Math Balance is not used often, I could only find one lesson it was used in. You can wait until Level B to get the math balance. For the lesson it appears you can use any type of balance or make your own, as it is not used in the normal way that we use it in the other levels.

My thoughts are that the Starter Kit for Level A seems to be all that parents need, though most like to add on the Appendix for A&B, and many will buy the Geo. Solids, rarely does one buy the Math Balance.

Note* When you do buy the Level B, I would do the add-on kit, plus the Math Card Games Book, as there are too many good Numeration games not to have it in the earlier levels.

Those are my thoughts, let me know if you have any more questions

Please feel free to email or call 888-272-3291 if you have more questions.

Thank you for giving your child a RightStart in Math!
Carissa
Customer Service Rep
RightStart™ Mathematics by Activities for Learning, Inc.

For program questions: 888.272.3291
To place an order: 888.RS.5.MATH (888.775.6284)
www.RightStartMath.com

Our Mission: To help children understand, apply, and enjoy mathematics

Re: RS Level A Questions

Thank you, Carissa.

I believe that takes care of the questions my wife and I still had after a thorough review of the website and the forum.

We're looking forward to placing our order in the next month or two and getting started this fall with RS Level A.