Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tutorial Book for Public School Summer Enrichment

Hello,

I would recommend doing the Math Card Games along with the Activities for the ALabacus.

Those two combined make an effective tool to help a child, who has previous math skills and need to quickly review the concepts and move on.

I am assuming that he is in 2nd grade or higher, and you have a very limited time to spend tutoring him.

If you have more time you might want to consider also doing the transition lessons along with the other books.

Now if you have time, or he is younger, you may want to consider doing Level B and the Math Games Book instead, as it is an EXCELLENT math foundation. We have many children who benefit from going through it to better understand the foundations of math.

I have given you some options, as I am not sure of your nephew's age or grade or to the amount of time you will have to tutor him and each of those can change the answer.

I am assuming when you are talking about the "tutorial" book you are talking about the Activities for the ALabacus. It would definitely reveal his strength and weakness, but so do the games. If he can to play well without counting, or taking long to find the answer, you will be able to quickly assess his strength or weakness.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Thank you,
Carissa
Customer Service Rep