Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new to right start w/question

We are hser's and will be using rs math for the first time this year. We have used Math U See for the past 2 years. My dd placed in Level D. Does RS have a video that teaches the concepts or do I, the mom/teacher, have to read the teachers manual and then teach her the concepts?

Thanks, Sue in Longwood Florida

Re: new to right start w/question

Hello Sue,

The answer to your questions are..
No, we don not have a DVD teaches the concepts.
And, yes, you will be reading a scripted manual to teach the concepts.

It does take more time, but I like to think of it as a higher calling. You are not teaching your child, like in other programs, you are mentoring your child. This means your child is receiving the highest form of education. this is nothing to take lightly as the benefits from the time spent on learning and growing in math will last a lifetime.

When asked of young adults who were homeschooled all the way, "What do you wish your parents had taught you better?" The same answers come up all of the time. They wished they had taking better care in music and in math. As three told me, " I can't escape math, it is everywhere."

So, yes it means more time for you, but it will pay off if you model the love of learning you are trying to instill in your child.

Three quick tips for success with this program,
1) be consistent
2) take your time in the levels & limit your time each day to about 30min and pick up where you left off.
3) PLAY THE GAMES Play them 2-4 times a week even when it does not tell you to.

Let me know if you have more questions,
Carissa
Customer Service Rep