Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Level A Lesson 8

Thank you so much Carissa! I value your insight.

I think I'll have him use a larger writing surface, as his first official worksheet was a challenge (writing the tally marks). I bet he'll enjoy writing on a larger surface.

Thanks again - we LOVE RS!

Audrey

Re: Re: Re: Level A Lesson 8

Audrey,

One more thought. I am pretty sure that most children naturally tend to do things from right to left (even right handed ones). We need to train them to go left to right in reading and in math. All of my children, when they started writing their names, wrote them from right to left (and only one of them is left handed).

All that to say, it is quite natural, and nothing at all to worry about. As they become more proficient in reading, they will also start ordering things more naturally from left to right.

That being said -- I still put some things in order from right to left (i.e. cards, when I am playing card games -- it drives my husband crazy!), and I am not at all dyslexic!
Hope that helps!
Lisa