Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: teaching three kids/three levels

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your post. What I recommend when teaching multiple levels to 3 children is to consider rotating days of teaching as well as teaching math on Saturdays, and/or teaching summer school math so you don't feel you need to press forward too quickly and can feel comfortable with skipping days of math.

With your 5 year old who's in Level A and every other day schedule can work well for him. Here's what I propose as an option to consider.

5yr old M-W-Sat.

6yr old T-Th-F-Sat

8yr old M-F

This is just an idea. Of course you should do whatever works best for you and your children. Also, some days you may just want to play math games. Or when one of them has a game for their lesson then you can have everyone play the game providing each of them some math time together.

Homeschooling can easily be overwhelming. Remember, with homeschooling you can let your child lead the way. There will be times when you'll know that your children need time off from formal math lessons because your children need time to assimilate all the information that has been presented. This will allow you time to work more with another child. Also know that some lessons will take more than one day.

The schedule I set before you is still pretty rigorous. You can certainly modify it so it's not so much that way and have your 8yr old do 4 days of math like M-F and have the younger two do three days a week. Whatever way works best for you and your children.

If you choose to do math through out the summer or even partially in the summer you can look at teaching everyone math every other day and relieve the schedule a bit more.

Does any of this sound doable? Let me know. I'm surprised you didn't get a response from the RS board. You might want to try posting it again and see if someone who hasn't been on for a while happens to get on and might post a response.

Let me know if you have any other questions. You can contact us via email, phone of post.

Thanks for giving your children a RightStart in math.

Sincerely, Rosine

Re: Re: teaching three kids/three levels

Thank you for your reply. I never thought of doing every other day/rotation schedule. That is a big help. I hope that we can make it work. I will let you know if I need some more encouragement and help. Thanks for making yourself available.

Sarah