Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: approaches for mastering multiplication facts

If you look at the table of contents for books C and D, you'll see the sequence that they introduce the multiplication facts. I'm thinking the product memory game would be helpful at this point - your son could play it LOOKING at his envelope longer than your daughter would, and they'd get the facts in that way as an introduction. I think product memory is the first multiplication game to be used...

Re: approaches for mastering multiplication facts

Hi Jenny, The advice given in the post following yours is good advice. I'd also like to add that once your daughter knows the 1's, 2's, 3's and 5's she can figure out the other multiplication facts by doubling the facts or doubling and adding depending on what fact she needs to know. An example is....when asked what is 8 x 6. If she does not know that but knows 3 x 8 =24 then 6 x 8 is double 24 which is 48. I would encourage you to continue playing the multiplication games going from the first games and moving along in the multiplication section. Do go back and play the multiplication memory game. That is one of the most popular games and allows her to "see" the skip counting patterns of two multiplication facts at once.

I hope this helps. Do feel free to email, post or call with any other questions you might have as well as continue this conversation.

Sincerely, Rosine

Re: Re: approaches for mastering multiplication facts

I have a piggy back question regarding multiplication. I can move this out to a new thread if needed. In C when you flash the abacus w/ for ex: 7x5. We've been discussing seeing it as 5x5+2x5=25+10=35. should he be doing 7+7+7+7+7?

thanks,