Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: 2 problems....worried

Oh, dear, I wrote the wrong levels in my post! My younger son is going into level B, and I bought level C for my 8 yo daughter. So I'm wondering if I should have gotten level D, instead. Yes, sorry about the mistake! Thanks for any advice you have for me!

Re: Re: Re: 2 problems....worried

i would definitely go to D then. Skip my other post:) or i'd go further along, checking her mastery to see if some lessons needed to be skipped (while not skipping any critical new material).

even with my math averse child, when she gets it, she *gets* it. i do the warm up review (sometimes only one of them instead of three, or whatever) but if she doesn't need more practice, i don't give her more practice.

also, my daughter did get sick of the abacus sometime around the end of transition/beginning of C.....but now she's back to liking it again since it's not part of the whole lesson every day, yk?

if skipping/combining make sure not to miss anything critical the 'some' review/maintenance of previous skills is critical, but not all kids need a significant amount of it.

:)
k

Re: 2 problems....worried

<< The second problem is that I think that most of Level B is going to be too easy. >>

definitely. i started with level C for my 7yo/2nd grader who was hating/struggling with math and didn't have any of her facts internalized. it was perfect.

i'm using level b with my *5* yo, who albeit EG or PG, is still 5. She skips many lessons and we often combine 7 or 8 lessons into one.

<< But looking over the workbook pages and lesson book, a lot of it will be review, but presented in a different way. This is not all bad really, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't get Level C,>>

get C and don't make her do all of the review/repetition if she doens't need it...just pick the hardest one or one of every 3. even my math averse child 'gets it' very quickly and needs very little review....just a problem here or there picked as we go.

Katherine in atl