Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Activities for the ALabacus is not a comprehensive curriculum.

Dear Kirsten,

Thank you for your post. RightStart is a full comprehensive curriculum. The Activities for the ALabacus is not. The Activities for the ALabacus only teaches basic computational skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and does not include fractions, time, money and geometry. I would recommend that you continue what you are doing with RightStart or consider starting your day with a RightStart lesson and then moving into the rest of your Homeschool day. This would help to not throw off the rhythm of your day. The Activities for the AL abacus book is not written in a daily lesson format so you would need to figure out what and how much you want to present in a day.

From what I am reading it sounds like you do a good job balancing it all. As stated above I think you will do well to keep up with the RightStart curriculum by adjusting it and fitting it into your regular school day.

Please let me know what you think and other questions you might have.

Sincerely, Rosine