Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Starting at level E?

I have son who will turn 9 this week. He was homeschooled until 3rd grade and this year he is in public school 3rd grade. His math has gotten rusty because the school is a few grade levels behind in math. He picks up concepts quickly. I would have to say maybe- but he would learn quickly" to the level assessment answers for the last questions up to level E. I think he would be fine with all the concepts prior to level E if we worked on his multiplication facts.

My question: How much review of D is there in E? If there is lots of review of the 3rd grade level, I think he would be OK at level E. We will try to do math and other subjects over the summer and a bit over the school year (wish the school was teaching him more!)

Next question: What is in the transition lessons?
I do RS (B) with my homeschooled 1st grader (and it has been awesome!!) My older son usually "listens in" because we almost always do RS-B after my older one is home from school. I think my 3rd grader understands the RS way, but it is hard for me to know for sure, not knowing what is included in the transition lessons.

Thanks!

Level E

Dear Margaret,

You know best what level in RightStart is best for your child. From what you are saying it sounds like Level E will be fine. You can always go to Level D if you find that Level E is too much for him at this time. There is some review but not a great deal. RightStart builds upon itself so the concepts presented in Level D will be revisited in Level E but more in depth.

The transition text is for children who did not start with either Levels A or B. Transitions does exactly what it says and transitions a child into the RightStart way of thinking. You may down load the table of contents and objectives for the transitions to get a better idea of the concepts presented in this text. I think it would be advisable to work through the complete transition lesson book before moving into Level E. This way you will also know if your child is truly ready for Level E or if it would be better to more into Level D.

I hope this begins to answer you questions. Please feel free to email, post or call with any other questions you might have.

Sincerely, Rosine