Return to Website

Post a message or simply read what others have written and answered. Rachel, a RightStart™ Math user and one of our customer care people, will be monitoring this forum. She will respond to your questions as needed.

Have a great day and remember to play a math card game! 

Welcome
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Advise For A Concerned Mom

Hi, I just wanted to start off by saying that I love the RightStart Mathematics program. I wanted to know if I should continue to use level D with my daughter? She's 12 and very intelligent, however the materials we were using before left me frustrated and her bored. We're almost done with the transition lessons for level D.My daughter really enjoys the lessons.I knew that this program was not only more advanced, but more superior than many of the programs I've reviewed. She is a quick learner and I didn't want to overwhelm her but I also don't want for her to be left behind. I've homeschooled her since kindergarten and I really want for her to recieve a quality foundation in math. Please give me advice. I know you must be terribly busy, but I know your answer will be worth the wait. Thank you so much for your time and for all of the work that you do to help parents like me.

Kindest Regards,
Felicia Ferguson

If Level D is a good fit than Level D is right for her.

Dear Felicia,

Thank you for the kind post. If Level D is where she is mathematically than Level D is where your daughter needs to be placed. A child is really only behind when they are working on material that is too advanced for them and they do not understand the concepts that led up to where they are working on math.

It is much more important for children to be comfortable with where they are, doing well, learning and understanding math so they can use it and enjoy it.

After all your research and knowledge of your child's math understanding Level D seems like the best fit than please work through Level D with her.

You will be pleased to know that the RightStart levels are ahead of traditional math curriculums therefore you're child is really working farther ahead than what it might seem.

Does this help at all? Please feel free to email, post or call for more conversation on this post or to ask any other RightStart questions you might have.

Thanks for giving your daughter a RightStart in math.

Sincerely,
Rosine