Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
William "Groundhog Bill" Lilly

Just wondering if anyone knows why William had the nickname "Groundhog Bill"????

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes!

Re: William "Groundhog Bill" Lilly

me- son of quenton cox, son of cora lilly cox, daughter of elder james lilly {jerusalem jim}, son of elijah lilly, son of edmund lilly {1}, son of robert lilly and frances moody lilly.my great great great great grandfather.i think.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes

There are several "Groundhogs" in my line. I can only guess it has something to do with mining. That's only a guess, since I don't know what their actual occupations were. I guess I could look it up.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

Groundhog Bill was my Great Grandfather. His son Groundhod Sam was my grandfather. Sam's son Everett Jackson , "Jack" Lilly was my Dad. There are two theories as to where the name came from. Dad said it was because he ate so many groundhogs. Others said that during the civil war he refused to join the confederate army so he hid under the house like a groundhog and his wife took him his food. I tend to believe Dad's theory
Robert E. Lilly
sourdoughbob@charter.net

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? YES

Looking for more infor! David Lilly(great-grandfather of Green (sometimes Greene ) Lilly William Lilly (grandfather of green Lilly) David Lilly (father of green Lilly) Green Lilly

DAVID BURIED JUNE 15 1770 Burrough Green Cambrideshire Endgland

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? i dont know nothing about groundhog but i know