Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I am trying to find my roots.............

My father, Theodore Roosevelt Lilly Sr was born in the early 1900's in Pennsylvania, and from what I've been told, was raised in Delaware or Maryland. My grandfather apparently served with Teddy Roosevelt, and greatly admired him so named my father after him. And he named me and I named my son.....
Prior to WWII he arrived in Hawaii and married my mother Mary K. Duarte. He fathered 4 children of which I am the youngest. He passed away in 1950.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, or just get in touch to get acquainted......

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? No

Re: I am trying to find my roots.............

Has anyone helped you find anything about your family? If not I have some suggestions. First, get your parents marriage license/certificate from the Hawaii State Health Dept. (You can download their form from their website) Cost is $10.00. The license/certificate may have his parents names on it. Second, you may be able to get some information from his military record. Although there was a fire in 1973 at the archives, some records have survived including personnel files and active duty health files. Go to the web page for the National Personnel Records Archives in St. Louis. I have some other ideas, but maybe you already found your ancestors. Let me know.
Karen
Stuart, Florida