Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need help in research to Robert Lilly and Mary Moody

We need some help in connecting my husbands 2x great grandfather Henry Wilson Lilly born 1789 in Virginia to Robert Lilly/Mary Moody. He did 2 different DNA test thru FTDNA and it came back with a relation to Robert Lilly.

Here is my husbands info

husband is- Robert Benton Lilly born 8/6/1940 in Detroit, MI

his father- Elmer Lilly born 9/18/1908 in Butte, MT, death death 12/7/1998 Winchester CA

Elmers Father- Robert Benton Lilly born 10/13/1880, Missouri, death Feb 1964, Detroit MI.

Roberts father- Ferdinand Lilly born May 1826, Kentucky, death 1904, Moberly MO

Ferdinands father- Henry Wilson (or Wilson Henry) Lilly, born 1789, Virginia, Death 1844, Moberly Missouri

we cannot find any parental information for Henry Wilson Lilly

We know that they migrated to Kentucky then to Missouri. Most of the family from Henry Wilson Lilly to my husbands father Elmer Lilly are buried in Phelps Chapel Cemetery in Moberly Missouri which is across the road from where Henry Wilson Lilly had a large farm.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes by DNA (husband's)

Re: Need help in research to Robert Lilly and Mary Moody

Hi Sherrie,

Leads I can give you, but no definitive connections.

Did the DNA test indicate that Henry Wilson Lilly was a descendant of Robert Lilly and Frances Meador, or only that he was related to them? If it only indicates that they were related then Henry may be a son or grandson of one of Robert's presumed siblings.

If he is definitely a descendant of Robert then I can suggest two options.

Robert and Frances Lilly had two sons who are candidates to be the father of Henry Wilson Lilly (1789-1844).

Thomas Edmond Lilly (1770-before 1834) married Rosanna Edith Meador in 1798.
He was about 28 when he married Rosanna and would have been 19 in 1789 when Henry was born. So Henry could have been his son either by a first marriage or he could have been illegitimate.

Edmund Lilly Sr. (1772-1832) married Edith Meador in 1795.
He was about 23 when he married Edith and would have been 17 in 1789 when Henry was born. So Henry could also have been his son.

The other sons of Robert and Frances Lilly would probably have been too young to have fathered Henry Wilson Lilly.

Cousin Bob

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes