Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Are they Lillys

This portrait of an unidentified couple was in my late grandmother's house. Does anyone know if they are in the Lilly family?

Other families I believe they might be members of are: McPherson, Lusk, Bailey, Lambert, Basham, Kester, Smith, Archer, Sarver, Hale, McComas, Honaker, or Shrewsbury. The list of surnames include the possible surname of the man and the possible maiden name of the woman. There is a remote possibility that the man could be Mitchell Clay and the woman, Phoebe (Belcher) Clay.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

Re: Are they Lillys

I may have made progress on the original picture. This ancestry.com picture can be included in this message thanks to Google

It is supposed to be Minerva Ann Kirk. It looks like she is the same woman as the one in the portrait. If so, then the couple are James A. (Jim Andy?) Honaker and Minerva or Menerva Ann Kirk Honaker.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes. He and Fanny are in my family tree more than once.

Re: Are they Lillys

I was recently informed that the couple in this portrait were Jonathan and Elizabeth Smith Kester, parents of John Mack Kester. Mack was step-father to the children of Oliver Lloyd Lilly, husband of Flossie McComas.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes