Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Newly Discovered - I'm a Lilly!

Hello cousins! I have been researching my father's family (my great-grandparents are Basil G and Versie Okes Adkins) in the Flat Top area and just last night I discovered that we are also part of the Lilly Line. I found your thread and thought I'd introduce myself. I haven't finished my Lilly research since I'm less than 24 hours in, but here is what I have:

Robert Lilly, B. 1696 (?), D. 1810 (?) (married Mary Frances Moody) - Father of
Edmund Lilly, B. 1772, D. 1832 (married Edith Meador) - Father of
Dr. William Lilly, B. 1813, D. 1886 (married Sarah Frances Pack) - Father of
Robert Lilly, B. 1847, D. 1923 (married Amanda Lucinda Akers) - Father of
Sarah Frances (Lilly) Okes, B. 1869, D. 1965 (married Luther W. Okes) - Mother of
Versie Ella (Okes) Adkins, B. 1896, D. 1962 (married Basil G. Adkins) - Mother of
Claron (Red) Adkins, B. 1923, D. 1992 (married Evelyn Jean Connolly) - Father of
Larry Allan Adkins, B. 1960 (married Jane Helen Nicholls) - Father of
Lacey Elizabeth (Adkins) Filkins, B. 1987 (Married Samuel G Filkins)

It may be that I'm an indirect Robert (Fannie) Lilly descendant, but I think there is a connection. Edmund, Dr. Bill, and Robert T. are all buried (with spouses) in the Lilly Family Cemetery in Mountview. If anyone has any more info for me, or shares a common ancestor (Lilly, Okes, or Adkins), I'd love to hear from you. I currently live in Ohio about 4.5 hours from Flat Top and haven't been to the area since I was about 12 or 13 to visit my great - great - Aunt Lily (Okes) Cole before she passed away in 2002 and to visit the Adkins property. My great-uncle Basil (Dick) Adkins still lives near the area.

I'm excited to have found this board!

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? I hope so!

Re: Newly Discovered - I'm a Lilly!

Hi Lacey,

Congratulations on the speedy connection to the family. If you are interested in swapping information send me an email robertzingo at aol.com please. I will reply with a PDF chart of your ancestors and we can go from there if you want to make additions/corrections.

I am a 6 way Lilly descendant and Lilly researcher. If you are interested the Lilly Reunion group is also on Facebook under Lilly Family Reunion.

Similarly, if you are interested in doing some research I can recommend the Mormon site familysearch.org. No preaching, no obligation, nothing but lots of information. Hit the SEARCH button at the center top of the screen and then have fun. In a couple minutes time I found census information on your line and the WWI Draft Registration Card for Basil Green Adkins. A photo of the card is available, free, on the site.

Welcome to the family, Cousin Bob

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes