Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Howard Clifton "Tick" Lilly Memorial

My family is honored that you have chosen to place a memorial for my great uncle, Howard Clifton "Tick" Lilly at the airport. Thank you.

It does sadden myself, my father, Tick's nephew and other members of our family that the names representing his mother and father are memorialized incorrectly. Tick's mother's name was Amanda Elmira and his father's name was Ova Ashton. At no time in my life have I ever heard my great grandparents referred to as Obie or Mauda. All of the correct information for each of them is available through a search of their names and dates of birth and death at Ancestry and other sites, such as www.findagrave.com

Below are the record numbers for each of them at the www.findagrave.com website:

-Ova Ashton Lilly-Memorial# 142713768
-Amanda Elmira Lilly-Memorial# 142713813
-Howard Clifton Lilly-Memorial# 28941711

Thank you again for the memorial to Tick and please help me understand if there is anything that I can do to assist in making the corrections of my great grandparent's name.

Thomas Lilly

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes, and beyond

Re: Howard Clifton "Tick" Lilly Memorial

I will pass this information on to the board members. Thank you.

Re: Howard Clifton "Tick" Lilly Memorial

Thank you for responding Becky. If needed, I do have copies of my uncle's birth certificate, marriage certificate and death certificate which will verify the information in my post should there be any questions. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to assist in this effort.