Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Josiah Meadors and Judith Lilly Bible

Does anyone have a true copy of the Josiah Meadors and Judith Lilly Bible? It lists Josiah I and Judith Lilly, Josiah II and Judith Lilly and Josiah III and Lavinia.
I am trying to document the link between Josiah I, II, and III
I have seen a transcript of the Bible record but this is not considered acceptable documentation for lineal societies.

Thanks,
Letha
lethaflippin@cox.net

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes

Re: Josiah Meadors and Judith Lilly Bible

I don't have any information about the Bible but my Aunt Mable Lee Fix Bolen may be able to help. She is the eldest daughter of Mable Mae McKinney Fix. I hope to see her this coming Friday and can ask her. If she knows anything about it I will get her permission to give you her number.
Sincerely
Betty Wyatt Price

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

Hi Letha,

There was a newspaper article that mentioned this Bible, Register and Post-Herald, Beckley, WV, December 5, 1956.

Clark J. Lilly, County Surveyor for Summers Co., WV wrote to Rev. Shirley Donnelly and indicated that a relative of his, who lived about three blocks away from him, was in possession of this Bible. The name of the relative is not mentioned directly.

If you find it I would really appreciate a photo of the genealogical information.

Cousin Bob

Would you be interested in trading information?
I have a lot to share on the Lilly lines.

Hello,

I know I am a bit late on this post but I was wondering you guys were able to track down the bible.

Thanks!
Casey