Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mack Blaine Lilly

Am writing article about early State Police leaders; am looking for photos of him in WWI and WV State Police uniforms, and any available records of his State Police service

My research so far shows that he was probably born at Flat Top on 16 October 1892 or 1893 to Robert C. and Willy E. [or Hattie O.] Lilly; reared in Spanishburg and Bluefield

Served in National Guard (sergeant) and US Army in France in WWI; quartermaster and engineer officer; ended war as captain

From 1920 (?) to 1929, served as WV State Police lieutenant, Federal prohibition agent, and Logan County chief deputy sheriff

Died 31 July 1964, buried in Reid Cemetery in Spanishburg

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? No

Re: Mack Blaine Lilly

Mack was the son of Willie who died young. Her younger sister Aunt Hattie came to take care of the young children. Uncle Bob didn't think it was proper so he married Aunt Hattie.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes, to several Roberts, but that three century nonsense was the "work" of fraud Gustav Anjou.

Re: Mack Blaine Lilly

I guess your info clears up one bit of confusion.

So far I have had no luck in obtaining any pictures of Mack in uniform, or copies of any needed documents. Do you have any suggestions for contact along those lines?

Regards,

Merle

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? No.