Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
are we family?

Hello, i am trying unsuccessfully to trace my grandfather's family. his name was william raymond lilley, so are i am stuck at Josiah lilley. he was married to rachel hudson was from halifax, north carolina, if what i have is right his dad joseph was maybe a nephew to robert? but i don't know for sure. if anyone has any info that might help or if i am just completely wrong would some one please help me. i know the joseph's uncles were known to spell it lilly while thomas joseph's dad spelled it lilley. please help me. would love to meet new family. (i hope) plus mom would love the information. thank you again for any help. if i am wrong just a simple "wrong family... go away" will work. hehe. thank you for and/all help.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? no, maybe

Re: are we family?

It probably don't help you much, but my grandmother, Laura, was a Wheeler, married to Bowman Lilly. They lived in Ball's Gap, near Milton, W.V.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes

Re: are we family?

Correction: My grandmother's maiden name was Laura Hall, but I believe her mother's maiden name was Wheeler. Laura Hall married Bowman Lilly(my grandparents). Bowman was a son of Joseph and Mary(Akers) Lilly(my great grandparents on the Bowman side. I never knew my great grandparents on the Laura Hall side, but was told Laura's mother was a Wheeler.8KYU

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes