Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lillys and Meador/Meadows

Hi,

Since my mother was raised in an orphanage and we didn't know our family's history until researching it. I have found we are related to the Lilly's and Meadors ( as well as Lane, and Harvey's). I will be up in West Virginia this weekend and we are going to see if we can attend some part of the reunion. I was wondering if anyone had pictures of Judith Lilly and Josiah Meador/Meadow's line? If so I'd be so appreciative.

Thank you,
Catherine

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

Re: Lillys and Meador/Meadows

Hi Catherine,
You will need to be a bit more specific.
Can you add birth and death dates to those names?
They were very common in the Lilly and Meadows families. Thanks,
Cousin Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes, Josiah Meador/Meadow born 1756 in Bedford, Va and died 1845.

Judith Lilly born 1764 Virginia and died 1846

Marriage to Josiah Meador/Meadows to Judith Lilly
in 1788 in Chamberlin County, Va

Hi Catherine,

That would be the first Judith Lilly and her husband Reverand Josiah Meador, Jr. I don't know if there are images of them. If they exist they may be sketches as photography had not been in existence for very long at the time of their deaths.

I will check the pictures I have but this does not ring a bell. BTW, they are also in my direct line, twice, through their daughters Elizabeth and Nancy.

Bye for now,

Cousin Bob

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes

Bob,

I am looking for any type of pics from the Meadors or Lilly. My family goes from Josiah Meador/Meadows to Turner Meador, Tolivor Meador, Samuel Allen Meador to
Samuel Webster Meador. I haven't met anyone from this line. I am hoping to at the lilly family reunion. :)

Thank you for reading this.