Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lucius B. Lilly

Hi all!
My name is Erica Lilly - and while I was born in Southeastern PA (near Philadelphia) - I've been living in WV for 9 years now. Prior to moving here, I knew of very few Lilly's other than my immediate family - so imagine my surprise in finding out that WV is only home to MANY Lillys, but that it's also home to the largest family reunion. Wow! Very cool.
I cannot trace my family lineage to Robert Lilly - yet. As far as I can tell, most Lillys in this area are descendants of Lillys who came to Virginia in the 1700s - and this is why I think connecting my line to Robert's might be difficult - because I know that my first Lilly ancestor to come to North America was Lucius B. Lilly, in the 1800s. Thus, if there is any hope to connect the dots, it would have to be through any of Robert's relatives who remained in England/Europe after his departure. I know that Lucius was my great-great-great grandfather who married Helena MacNamara in Count Clare, Ireland (though there is dispute over whether he hailed from London prior to this) and together they had 5 children - John MacNamara and Charles, who were both born in Canada (Montreal/Quebec regions), and William, Helena, and Lucius Aloysius, all born in New Jersey.
If anyone knows anything about the Lillys related to your Robert who stayed behind in England, I'd love to know about them to see if there is a link to my Lucius.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Not yet...

Re: Lucius B. Lilly

I also know that Lucius was born circa 1830. And while most of his children stayed in the New Jersey/Southeastern PA area, his son, Lucius Aloysius did move to Kansas where he was married and had children, some of whom moved onto California.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Not yet...