Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Velmer Lilly, married to Dorothy Sarah McDaniels

Cousins,

Can anyone identify which Zelmer Lilly married Dorothy? I am trying to tie this obit into the main Lilly lines. - Cousin Bob -

Dorothy Sarah Lilly, 70, of Josephine, died Wednesday, June 16, 1999, in a Beckley hospital. Born Dec. 26, 1928, in Virginia, she was the daughter of the late Monroe McDaniels and Bessie Matilda Witherspoon McDaniels.

She was preceded in death by her first husband, Elmer Bailey, her second husband, Velmer Lilly, and brothers, Harry, Jack, Junior, Frank and Thomas McDaniels. Survivors include one son, Elmer Ray Bailey of Josephine; three daughters, Ivy Dawson and her husband Virgil of Rhodell, Kathy Sargent and her husband Martin of Rhodell, and Patricia Sizemore and her husband Junior of Mooresville, N.C.; two sisters, Carolyn Goff of Rixeyville, Va., and Reba Wood of Strawberry, Ariz.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes

Re: Velmer Lilly, married to Dorothy Sarah McDaniels

My grandfather Velmer Clayton Lilly Sr married Dorothy Bailey. They had no children together. The mother of Velmer Sr.'s 11 children was Gladys Eldia Lilly, 10 of whom are still living including my daddy Velmer Jr.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes

Hi Veronica, Thanks for the information. Could you also tell me who the parents were of your grandfather, Velmer Clayton Lilly? I believe I know but would like confirmation. This message was also sent to your email address but I did not get a reply. Thanks Again, Cousin Bob

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

Velmer Lilly Sr's parents were James Willis Lilly and Elsie Mae Pack