Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greene lilly?????

Hi My grandmom parents were lonnie and sarah upton (lilly). Her granddad was greene lilly. I would love to know more. My great grandmom worked as a baker in a historic hotel in hinton???? Anyone know what it was called? Would anyone know where they might be buried??? The family land was taken to build the dam. The five girls left hinton approximately 1927.

Re: Greene lilly?????

Hi Lesley,

I think you meant that Lonnie Lilly married Sarah Upton and that his father was Greene Lilly. If this is correct then it looks like you have 2 Lilly lines through Lonnie Lilly.

His parents were Green W. Lilly and Louisa Jane Lilly. I don't have ancestors for Lonnie's wife Sarah Upton.

Would you be willing to trade what you know from your grandmother down? I can offer you information back to Robert Lilly and Mary Moody if you are interested.

Sincerely,

Cousin Bob

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes

Hi bob

Thanks for reply. My mom has a family tree in a roll that goes way back on the lilly family. I was hoping for any info from my grandmom s immediate family life while in hinton.
Did anyone know the family, her parents, where they are buried? i want to visit and see if i can find the old family farm. If it s still acessable. Graves? What would the old hotel have been called that sara upton would have worked at?

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

Hi Leslie,
I am also a great grand daughter of Lonnie and Sarah. My grandmother was the youngest of the sisters, Eula. Which sister is your grandmother? I recently have been looking for the same information. I have a letter that my grandmother wrote that tells a little about her growing up. I would be happy to share. I do not know where they were buried but plan to visit Hinton to see what I can find out. I will be happy to share any information that I find.

Nancy

Hi Bob, I just ran across leslie's and your messages. I am also a great daughter of Lonnie and Sarah Lilly. My Grandmother was Eula Lee Lilly the youngest of the sisters. She was only 2 weeks old when her father died and approx 7 when her mother passed. I would be happy to share what little I know with you and would love any info you might have. I replied to Leslie and hope to hear from her and find out which sister was her grandmother.

Sincerely,
Nancy Rigney

My husband great granddad is Greene Lilly. He is buried in Hobbs Cem. in Tipton County, Indiana.
I am on facebook.
Feel feel to e-mail me.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes

Hi nancy
Let s chat soon