Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I am looking for a Lee H. Lilly Most likely born in Flat top WV, he was married to Elmina Florence

I am looking for Lee H. Lilly most likely born in Flat top wv, he was married to Elmina Florence Harvey they had a daughter born abt 1897 named Mattie Pearl Lilly. If you have any information that would be great.

thanks, Victoria Dols

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? not sure

Re: I am looking for a Lee H. Lilly Most likely born in Flat top WV, he was married to Elmina Floren

Hello Victoria,
Welcome to the Lilly family.

I have the following information for you.
It is an outline of your line from Robert Lilly down.
If you are willing to trade information with me I
can offer you 12 pages of notes and transcribed census' pages.

From you I would appreciate as much information as you are willing to share about the descendents of Mattie Lilly

Bye for now,

Cousin Bob

1 Robert Lilly Sr. b: Bet. 1735–1742 in Botetourt or Gloucester Co., VA, d: Aft. 13 Mar 1817 in Giles Co., VA (now Summers Co., WV)

+ Mary Frances (Fanny) Moody b: Bet. 1732–1740 in Virginia, m: Bet. 1763–1767 in Virginia, d: Aft. 13 Mar 1817 in Giles Co., VA (now Summers Co., WV)

..2 Edmund Lilly Sr. b: Abt. 1772 in Albemarle Co., VA, d: Abt. 1832 in Giles Co., VA (now Summers Co., WV)

..+ Edith (Edy) Meador b: 12 May 1775 in Franklin Co., VA, m: 20 Mar 1795 in Botetourt Co., VA, d: 26 Dec 1860 in Mercer Co., (W)VA

....3 Elijah Naamon Lilly b: 20 Aug 1809 in Giles or Franklin Co., VA, d: 20 Dec 1896 in Flat Top, Mercer Co., WV

....+ Sarah Jane (Sallie) Cadle b: 20 Aug 1809 in Surrey Co., NC, m: 08 Feb 1827 in Giles Co., (W)VA, d: Abt. 1900 in Raleigh Co., WV

......4 Leander Harrison (Lee H.) Lilly b: 11 Apr 1850 in Mercer Co., (W)VA, d: 09 Jul 1926 in Summers Co., WV

......+ Elmina Florence (Mina) Harvey b: 08 Feb 1875 in Summer Co., WV, m: 13 Dec 1893 in Hinton, Summers Co., WV, d: 23 Jul 1942 in Mercer Co., WV

........5 Mattie Pearl Lilly b: 26 Sep 1896, d: Aft. 1900 in Summers Co., WV

........+ Melvin Gilbert

......+ Sarah Elizabeth Harvey b: 14 May 1855 in (West) Virginia, m: 28 Jan 1870 in Raleigh Co., WV, d: 05 Oct 1891 in Summers Co., WV

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes, 5 or 6 ways

Re: I am looking for a Lee H. Lilly Most likely born in Flat top WV, he was married to Elmina Floren

Victoria,

I am descended from Leander "Lee" H. Lilly. His first wife was Sarah Elizabeth Harvey (1852-1891), and my great-grandmother, Mary Frances one of their nine children. He then married Elmina Florence Harvey (1875-1942). I have Mattie Pearl as the second of their eight children, b. 26 Sep 1896 in Flat Top (according to her first marriage certificate and family records). I do not have a formal death record, although family records list the death date as 26 Dec 1947. This makes sense, as in her son Fred's 1949 obituary, it is mentioned that she is already deceased.

As I alluded, Mattie was married twice: the first marriage was in 1918 to Jasper Roles; the second was in 1926 to Mel Gilbert. My information is well sourced and can be seen on Ancestry.com here:

http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/25764698/person/1713972546

I was even recently given a copy of a portrait of Lee Lilly and his first wife! I Photoshopped his picture out for the profile.

I see your post is several months old and although it has been responded to, perhaps this information will be of additional assistance to you.

Hope this helps,
Frank Crum

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes