Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help Me Fellow Lilly's, For I am lost and in need of your helping hand.

My name is Robert Michael Lilly

I was told by my late Grandfather, Herbert Lilly, That I was a descendent of Robert Lilly. But sadly after my Grandfather's passing I lost all history of my lineage. I am recently married and once I start having children want to pass down the stories and history of this proud family. I have reviewed many websites on our Family history and have paid money for it but it all seems generic and prefabricated. I want the "Truth" from real people about our History and my lineage. I know I can turn to my true family for it.

A little about what I know so far. My Grandparents were Herbert and Dorothy Lilly and I know they Lived in a small town called Pipestem WV. THey had 2 sons, Dave and Greg Lilly. Dave Lilly had 4 sons, Troy, Eric, Sean, Ryan. My Father Gregory had Me and my sister Kristi.

I am currently a Staff Sergeant in the Army and married to Amy (Yourchisin) Lilly and I personally grew up in Roanoke VA.

If anyone could help me out I would much appreciate it.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

Re: Help Me Fellow Lilly's, For I am lost and in need of your helping hand.

Hi Robert,

I am sure this is the right place and I would
love to help but I need more information.

1. Do you the names of your grandfather's parents?

2. Do you know the maiden name of his wife Dorothy?

If we can find his marriage you may be able to request a copy of the marriage certificate and
that may have his parents names on it.

I think he was born circa 1930 but that is too recent
for my database and he may not be on the 1930 census.

"Cousin" Bob

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

Re: Help Me Fellow Lilly's, For I am lost and in need of your helping hand.

SSG Robert Lilly---Hello from family, and we will all miss uncle Herbert. My parents are Doris and Dewey Lilly. I have, with the help of items on this site and use of Rootsweb part of Ancestry.com traced our roots back to at least Thomas Edmond Lilly, seem to be stuck on which Robert Lilly to go from there. Email me I will send you what I have.
William Lilly.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? not yet, but getting there