Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grandson of Clarence and Annis Lilly

I know my roots up to my grand parents who are Clarence Gus Lilly and Annis Mae Lilly and I know my great grandpa was Jacob Ribern Lilly I am looking for lines that go farther back so I can fill out my family tree book,And wanting to know info about my grandparents as well.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Heck No

Re: Grandson of Clarence and Annis Lilly

Congratulations David,

This is indeed the right family site for you.
You have 2 lines back to Robert and Mary Lilly.

Below is a summary of your ancestry back to this couple. If you are willing to swap some information about the descendents of Clarence Lily I am willing to send you everything I have on your lines. That would be about 16 pages of transcribed information.

I am interested in any information you can share about the descendents of Clarence Gus Lilly.

Bye for now,

Cousin Bob robertzingo@aol.com

Outline Descendant Report for Robert Lilly Sr.

..... 1 Robert Lilly Sr. b: Bet. 1735–1742 in Botetourt or Gloucester Co., VA, d: Aft. 13 Mar 1817 in Giles Co., VA (now Summers Co., WV)

..... + Mary Frances (Fanny) Moody b: Bet. 1732–1740 in Virginia, m: Bet. 1763–1767 in Virginia, d: Aft. 13 Mar 1817 in Giles Co., VA (now Summers Co., WV)

........... 2 Edmund Lilly Sr. b: Abt. 1772 in Albemarle Co., VA, d: Abt. 1832 in Giles Co., VA (now Summers Co., WV)

........... + Edith (Edy) Meador b: 12 May 1775 in Franklin Co., VA, m: 20 Mar 1795 in Botetourt Co., VA, d: 26 Dec 1860 in Mercer Co., (W)VA

................. 3 William D. (Dr. Bill) Lilly b: 17 Nov 1808 in Monroe or Giles Co., (W)VA, d: 31 Aug 1886 in Raleigh Co., WV

................. + Sarah (Frances) Pack b: 17 Feb 1814 in Bluestone River, Summers Co., VA, m: 30 Nov 1833 in Giles Co., (W)VA, d: 20 Mar 1907 in Raleigh Co., WV

....................... 4 Joseph E. Lilly b: Abt. 1852 in Raleigh Co., (W)VA, d: Aft. 1900 in Jumping Branch District, Summers Co., WV

....................... + Mary Drucilla Akers b: Feb 1854 in Mercer Co., (W)VA, m: 03 Nov 1870 in Mercer Co., WV, d: Abt. 1956 in Cabell Co., WV

............................. 5 Jacob Ribert Lilly b: Mar 1878 in Summers Co. WV, d: Aft. 1920 in Cabell Co., WV

............................. + Lucinda M. Wheeler b: Abt. 1879 in Cabell Co., WV, m: 20 Feb 1906 in Cabell Co., WV, d: Bet. 1910–1920

................................... 6 Clarence Gus Lilly b: 28 Apr 1916 in Cabell Co., WV, d: 07 Jan 1973 in Delaware, Delaware Co., Ohio

................................... + Annis Mae Lewis b: 14 Jul 1924 in West Virginia, m: 14 Oct 1941 in Cabell Co., WV, d: 09 Sep 1965 in Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, Franklin Co., Ohio

........... 2 Frances Katherine (Katey) Lilly b: Abt. 1782 in Franklin Co., VA, d: 29 Apr 1860 in Mercer Co., (W)VA

........... + Mathew (Matt) Pack b: 01 Apr 1783 in New River, Summers Co., (W)VA, m: 05 Sep 1805 in Monroe Co., (W)VA, d: 16 Sep 1858 in Hinton, Summers Co., (W)VA

................. 3 Sarah (Frances) Pack b: 17 Feb 1814 in Bluestone River, Summers Co., VA, d: 20 Mar 1907 in Raleigh Co., WV

................. + William D. (Dr. Bill) Lilly b: 17 Nov 1808 in Monroe or Giles Co., (W)VA, m: 30 Nov 1833 in Giles Co., (W)VA, d: 31 Aug 1886 in Raleigh Co., WV

....................... 4 Joseph E. Lilly b: Abt. 1852 in Raleigh Co., (W)VA, d: Aft. 1900 in Jumping Branch District, Summers Co., WV

....................... + Mary Drucilla Akers b: Feb 1854 in Mercer Co., (W)VA, m: 03 Nov 1870 in Mercer Co., WV, d: Abt. 1956 in Cabell Co., WV

............................. 5 Jacob Ribert Lilly b: Mar 1878 in Summers Co. WV, d: Aft. 1920 in Cabell Co., WV

............................. + Lucinda M. Wheeler b: Abt. 1879 in Cabell Co., WV, m: 20 Feb 1906 in Cabell Co., WV, d: Bet. 1910–1920

................................... 6 Clarence Gus Lilly b: 28 Apr 1916 in Cabell Co., WV, d: 07 Jan 1973 in Delaware, Delaware Co., Ohio

................................... + Annis Mae Lewis b: 14 Jul 1924 in West Virginia, m: 14 Oct 1941 in Cabell Co., WV, d: 09 Sep 1965 in Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, Franklin Co., Ohio

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes, 6 ways (tall skinny tree) :-)

Everything we have found is on
http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/17073708/family
What a mess it turns into.

We will be glad to share anything we can to help others (census,voters list,military papers ect.)

thanks,
Tressie Baker wife of David Baker*Lilly*

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

David, who were your parents? When I was little, we used to visit Clarence often. His 3 youngest daughters (Loretta, Susie and Mary)stayed with my family for a week or so after your grandmother passed away. My father is Joe Lilly - his father Job was Ribern's brother.

Hi Rita,

Would you be willing to trade what you know of the descendents of Job and Ernie Lilly for a chart of your Lilly ancestors? My files show Job and Ernie's marriage and 4 children but that is as far as it goes.

I am compiling a Lilly descendent file and would like to add this information.

Cousin Bob

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes, 6 ways

Cousin Bob, I'd be happy to. It may take me a couple days to get it together, but I'll send it as soon as I can.

Job and Ernie Elizabeth had 5 children who survived. They lost 11 children during infancy. The children who survived were Versie, Thomas, Joseph (my dad) and twins Fay and Ray. I'll get a list of the 5 siblings children for you and will try to get a list of the grandchildren and great-grandchildren as well. As I have information, I'll send it along.

Hi, Cousin Bob - I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten this. I've reached out to some cousins to get info on siblings (there are so many of us!) and will get back to you when I have more info. :)