Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lilly/Meadows Descendant

My father was Lacy Johnson Meadows. My grandparents were Mary Frances Lilly & William Anthony Meadows (Meador). I live in Tennessee and would love to meet the paternal side of my family. Any information on geneaology would be greatly appreciated since this is pretty much as far back as I know. Thank you,
Kaye

Re: Lilly/Meadows Descendant

Hello Kaye, I found some info for you, this comes from family trees posted on the web so is only as acurate as their owners. Well, you can now say you are related to Robert Lilly and Mary Frances Moody at least two ways.

Robert Lilly
Mary Frances Moody

Edmond Lilly
Edith Meador

Washington Lilly
Mary Polly Mann

James Washington Lilly
Rachel Meador/Meadows (Wife #1) Mother of Mary Jane
Mary Elizabeth Meador/Meadows (Wife #2)

Mary Jane Lilly
Joseph Rufus Allen Meador/Meadows

Willie Anthony (spelled Antney on one tree)Meadows
Mary Frances Lilly

Sylvia Ann Meadows
Prince Lee Meador

Shown was a daughter Mildred Frances Meador but no dates.

I have more information such as dates but I will e-mail them to you, its a good bit.

Mary Jane Lilly and Mary Frances Lilly were I believe 3rd or 4th cousins. Mary Frances' Grandfather Elijah Naamon Lilly was the brother of Edmond Lilly, son of Robert Lilly and Mary Frances Moody.

Hope this is part of what you wanted to know, I also have the Meadows/Meador side.

John Patrick Ballengee

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

Hi Kaye,

From my data I see you have 3 Lilly lines that I can identify.

If you are willing to swap information on your descendent line from William Anthony Meadows down
I can offer you the information I have on your
lines back to Robert Lilly.

Cousin Bob

(Sorry about the dumb faces in the data.
The site inserted them and I don't have time to edit them out right now.)

Direct Descendants of Robert Lilly, Sr.

1 Robert Lilly, Sr. 1735 - 1817
..+ Mary Frances (Fanny) Moody 1732 - 1817
........2 Judith (Juda) Lilly 1760 - 1846
............+Josiah Meador, Jr., Rev. 1758 - 1833
...................3 John Jonathan Meador 1806 - 1883
.......................+Anna (Juda) Mann 1807 - 1867
.............................4 Rachel Meador 1845 - 1885
.................................+ James Washington Lilly 1844 - 1913
........................................5 Mary J. Lilly 1868 - 1901
............................................+ Joseph Rufus Allen Meadows 1864 - 1924
..................................................6 William Anthony Meadows 1884 - 1920
......................................................+ Mary Frances Lilly 1885 - 1920
.............................................................7 Lacy Johnson Meadows
........................................................................8 Kaye Meadows
........2 Edmund Lilly, Sr. 1772 - 1832
............+Edith (Edy) Meador 1775 - 1860
...................3 Elijah Naamon Lilly 1809 - 1896
.......................+Sarah Jane (Sallie) Cadle 1809 - 1900
.............................4 Leander Harrison (Lee H.) Lilly 1850 - 1926
.................................+ Sarah Elizabeth Harvey 1855 - 1891
........................................5 Mary Frances Lilly 1885 - 1920
............................................+ William Anthony Meadows 1884 - 1920
..................................................6 Lacy Johnson Meadows
.............................................................7 Kaye Meadows
...................3 Washington (Kinney) Lilly 1815 - 1895
.......................+Mary (Polly) Mann 1815 - 1892
.............................4 James Washington Lilly 1844 - 1913
.................................+ Rachel Meador 1845 - 1885
........................................5 Mary J. Lilly 1868 - 1901
............................................+ Joseph Rufus Allen Meadows 1864 - 1924
..................................................6 William Anthony Meadows 1884 - 1920
......................................................+ Mary Frances Lilly 1885 - 1920
.............................................................7 Lacy Johnson Meadows
........................................................................8 Kaye Meadows

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes,

Hi Cousin Bob,
Thanks so much for all this info. I'm willing to share anything I know. I found out a lot about my Dad from my step sister. I have relatives I never even knew about, including more step brothers and sisters.
I'll try to put everything I know into a useable format and post after Easter.
Looking forward to the reunion!
Kaye

Kaye from what I can tell from what was posted by Robert Zingo...

I am related to you on both the Lilly and the Meadows sides...

William Anthony Meadows was my great grandfather...on my grandfather's side...

Leander Lilly, was my great great grandfather on my Grandmother's side...

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes

Hi John,
It took me forever to get back to these postings. What great news, a double relative. I'm planning a trip to VA this summer to meet my half sister for the first time. She actually knew my grandparents, your great grandparents, and I'm hoping to score some pictures from her. If I do I'll be happy to share. This has been so incredible for me to find this side of my family. Unfortunately my dad and one of my half sisters have already passed on but I found out I have 2 other half sisters and 3 half brothers to meet!
There was a wonderful little book in a WV library about the Meador/Meadows side of the family and I copied it page by page about 12 years ago. Unfortunately in my move to TN I haven't located it. If I do I will share. Much easier these days to share with digital. Take care and let me know anything you know about our shared ancestry.
Kaye

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

Kay,

checking in and noticing your response from this past July....didn't get a chance to go back to WVa this past summer.

hope you were able to get more in touch with your missing family on both the Meadows and Lilly sides...

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes