Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking for roots

looking to find how my relatives trace back to robert. My father was ezra lilly jr. and my grandfather ezra lilly sr.

Re: looking for roots

Hi Linda,

That is a bit thin to go on.
Can you go back one more generation before Ezra Sr.?
Could you also provide some birth / death dates?
And could you add who there wives were?

I will help if I can but most of my information is pre-1900. There are 3 Ezra Lillys in my data but none of them have a son Ezra.

Sincerely, ?Cousin? Bob

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes, 5 or 6 ways

Linda, are you any relation to Abe Lilly? He was a cousin to my husband Glenn.

Not sure if it is the same Abe but my father Ezra Jr. had a brother Abe!?!

I know that my grandfathers dad's name was wallace lilly and we are related to the hatfields and the jack dempsey......i know this isnt much info but i'm 26 years old and my information is limited my father passed 10 years ago!? thanks for you help in this!

Linda, I was able to pull this information off Ancestry.Com using my family tree. This info comes from others and census reports and dates in some cases are estimates.

Robert Lilly (Sr) 1735-1810
Mary Frances Moody 1732-1806

Robert Lilly (Jr) 1776-1860
Obedience Bridget Conley 1782-1850

Elisha Lilly 1815-?
Frances (Fannie) ?-?

Gordon F. Lilly 1838/40-1918/28 (conflicting dates)
Martha Ann Workman 1840/42 -?

Charles (Charley) Lilly 1868-?
Jane Conley 1877-?

Wallace Lilly 1898-?
Brook (Brookie) Dempsey 1903-?

Ezra Lee Lilly 1926-1990
(living) Bryant (if a person is listed as living it isn't displayed on Ancestry)

I didn't find your Father listed but I did find Abraham his brother 1949-2008. Census records after 1930 have not been released to the public yet.

While doing this research I also found info on Martha Ann Workman taking her family back to England and Holland. There was a lot of information on her family, if would like that I can e-mail it to you.

John Patrick Ballengee

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

Linda, it sounds like you are related to my husband, Glenn. He remembers his Grandfather Wallace and Granny Jane. He and his family left WV when he was still a child. He had a cousin Abe, who later became a preacher (from what he heard). He also remembers a cousin that went by "Tiny Bit" . My father-in-law Gilbert Ray Lilly was a son of Wallace and Jane. Let me know if you can talk to any one and confirm these names. Would love to reconnect with Glenn's family!!!

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes

Yes my mom told me that she remembers dad talking about his cousin glen, my dad was ezra ('TINY') so your husband would be my second cousin if he was my dad's first cousin!

However my great grandfather wallace was married to brooke.

Your father in law gilbert was my grandfathers brother. My grandfather was ezra sr. and he had a brother name gilbert.

I have the 1930 census i would like to send you. My dad was Ezra Jr. who passed away in 2000 Uncle Abe past away in 2008 and he wasnt a preacher. On the census it shows my grandpa ezra sr. and 4 of his siblings the other 6 were not born at that time and it shows my greatgrandpa wallace and his wife brooke. Charlie lilly and his wife Jane lived with wallace and brooke that was wallace's parents. it's really quite interesting. if u give me your email i can send you a copy of the 1930 census.

Linda, sorry but have not been on this site for while. I have a picture from Wallace and Brooke from the 1950s...they were attending a wedding of either Hamon or Namon in OH. I will try to get it scanned and send it to you. My email address is: omix42@gmail.com

We live in VA...do you live in OH? Seems like a lot of the siblings left WV and ended up in OH.
Sue Lilly

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes