Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pleasant Lilly and the Shrewsbury sisters

Does anyone know if the LILLY family recognize Nancy Jane SHREWSBURY children as LILLY's. My GG-Gma was Rhoda/Rhonda SHREWSBURY AKA LILLY Her mother was Nancy Jane SHREWSBURY. She and Pleasant were together for yrs. Or that is what I heard. I do have census records. I just wondered how the LILLY family felt on this issue

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes, I think so

Re: Pleasant Lilly and the Shrewsbury sisters

Hi Sheila,

Why would the Lilly Association worry about last names? They recognize all descendants of Robert and Mary Frances Lilly. The multiple wives of Pleasant Lilly are pretty well documented. That just means you have more to talk about. I have one similar situation in my lines.

Would you be willing to swap the information you have on your line from Nancy Jane Shrewsbury down, for 5 or more pages of data? I have been accumulating Lilly transcriptions and stories for years and I will send you everything I have on your line(s) back to Robert and Mary Lilly.

I have 6 lines back to them, one of those tall skinny family trees, and that is the reason for my interest. Now I am working on descendent lines.

Bye for now, Cousin Bob

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes, 6 ways.

Bob
I started genealogy to research my Dad’s line and slowly got into my Mom’s. I don’t have a lot and I ‘m not sure how you would want to trade. I do have some census confirmation and some birth, death and marriage info but it is not on my FTM program yet. Mom and Dad and their ancestors are from VA/WV and the research at times has been very tough.
My cousin Barbara LILLY MEDRONA gave me the web site address when I asked her if there were any publications on the LILLY line. I have the LILLY connection in my line a few times.
I'm not sure if my e-mail comes up or not but it is sbitcarb@hughes,net

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes, I think so

Wow...yesterday I was looking at the marriage records back in the 1800s and found the parent of George Lilly to be Levi Lilly and Rebecca Shrewsbury. May be a relative??? George is my husband's ggGrandfather...I hope that's right. Good luck in your search!
Sue Lilly