Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for pictures & a question

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone might have pictures or could direct me to where I could find pictures of Josiah Meadows II and/or his wife Judith(Juda)Lilly, and their daughter Elizabeth as well as her husband John Cooper? I was also wondering if anyone here might know where Elizabeth Meadows (Meador) Cooper's burial site might be? Her husband John is buried in my family's cemetery, the McVey family cemetery. He is buried close to his daughter Lucinda, but Elizabeth is not buried there. I'm certain it's because she died so much earlier than he did. Thank you :).

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes!

Re: Looking for pictures & a question

In possession of my grandmother's Lilly photos, including tin-type of a very young Green Meador with a notation that he is "small". All I want is to identify all these distant relatives, upload the photos to their place on the family tree, and to send the originals to direct descendants.

A few years ago I sent scores of photos to Ellen Pritchard, daughter of the late reunion genealogist to post at the reunion. If you recognize any of the subjects, please email me.

My grandmother was Cynthia JANE Lilly Lilly LIlly (1870-1952), youngest daughter of Robert "Miller Bob" Lilly and Virginia Gore. She was married to Thomas Hubbard Lilly (US Congress) and Arthur Bee Lilly, son of Simeon Preston Lilly. Hubbard and Bee were first cousins, and distant cousins of my grandmother.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

I would love to see the pictures you have. Do you have them somewhere for people to view and see if any are their ancestors. If not, I could send a money order to have them copied.
My great grandparents were GW (George Washington)Lilly and Nancy Jane Hayton Lilly, GW was the son of "Wash" Lilly and Naomi Meador. I have the line back a lot farther but don't have it in front of me, in the process of transferring data from one computer to another.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes, have been working on my genealogy including Lilly and Meador for over 30 years.

I don't think I have any photos of them, but I'm trying to get back to the unidentified ones this summer. Keep in touch. In the meantime, my tree is Eden's Harvest on ancestry.com. Keep looking for photos as I post them.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes

One more time. Thomas Hubbard LILLY was not in the US House of Representatives. I goofed! He was a Delegate of the West Virginia Legislature. Sorry for the confusion.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes