Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Benjamin Lilly

I married cecil Lilly. His father's name was Macks Lilly, Mack's father was Cecil William Lilly. The best that I can find is that Cecil's father was a Benjamin P. Lilly. Ben's father was Samuel Lilly and sam's was William Lilly, and Williams was robert Lilly. Can anyone help me find out for sure if this tree is right. I cannot anything about my husbands grandfather Cecil except that he married a Lucy Arnold. If anyone can help me please Let me know

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? if it is the same robert then yes.

Re: Benjamin Lilly

Hi Regina,

My name is Bob Zingo and I am a distant cousin of your husband. I can confirm the lineage you are asking about from Cecil William Lilly back to Robert Lilly. It is as you stated.

Would you be willing to trade what you know of
Cecil's descendent for 6 pages of information from Cecil back to Robert? Most of it is census transcriptions.

Oh, thank you, Cecil is listed as William C. on the 1900 and 1910 census but his birth records list him as Cecil William as you indicate.

Descendants of Robert Lilly, Sr.

1 Robert Lilly, Sr. 1735 - 1817
.. +Mary Frances (Fanny) Moody 1732 - 1817
........2 William S. Lilly, Sr. 1784 - 1865
............+Frances Margaret (Peggy) Shumate 1794 - 1865
...................3 Samuel D. Lilly 1833 - 1861
.......................+Emily Jane Unknown 1835 - 1880
.............................4 Benjamin P. Lilly 1853 - 1910
.................................+Ida Frances Harvey 1858 - 1953
........................................5 Cecil William Lilly 1898 -

You may contact me at robertzingo@aol.com
if you would like to swap information.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cousin Bob

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes, 5 or 6 ways

Too cool. It's been a while since i've been on here and we received an e mail about this post. My name is James. My father is Roger Lee Lilly. He is one of uncle Macks younger brothers. I don't know much about Grandpa Cecil. He had passed away before I was born. Grandma Lucy was remarried to Wayne Eller(sp?) when I came along. lol I know she passed away a while ago and is buried in WV. If you have any other geneology info you could share, i'd appreciate it. Any questions? I'll try to answer what I can.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

I have just started this line 3 days ago. All I have is a copy of Cecils Birth certificate listing his fater as B.P. Lilly and his mother as IJ Lilly. He was born on Feb. 3 1898 at Jumping branch Wv. there are numerous Lilly babies from jumping branch also listed on the certificate. I then Have his marriage and death certificate. That is all I know So if I can help you in any way just let me know

Hello Regina, I found something on my family tree about Emily Jane married to Samuel Lilly from the message Bob Zingo set you. I found her maiden name listed as the following two names, Commack and Mann. Of course I don't know that will help you or if either one is even correct but maybe something to go on.

John

Hi John,

Close but no cigar.

The Samuel Lilly and Emily that you are citing are not the same as Reginia's. That was Samuel David (Devil Sam) Lilly who married Emily Faily (Emma) McCommack in 1868. On their marriage license she is listed as Emily Commack but her parents are Robert McCommack and Mary Meadows. They are on the next page of the 1870 census after Samuel and Emily, listed as McComic. Regina's Samuel and Emily married about 17 years prior to this marriage.

If you are interested in swapping I would be happy to look up you line in my data and see what I have for you.

Cousin Bob robertzingo@aol.com

Well, as I said I didn't know if it was correct but thought I should mention it.

I am so sorry that we have lost touch, we have moved so much and I have lost this page. Do you know of anyone that may have any pictures of Cecil, frieds, family anyone. I only have one picture and some records and that is all I have been able to come up with, if you can help me I would be forever in your debt

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes