Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any Lillys in the Revolutionary War?

I'm trying to find out if any of my ancesters were in the Revoulutionary War. My great great grandfather was Pleasant Lilly and great great grandmother was Nancy Jane Shrewsbury (spelled many diffiernt ways) I think she was his 3rd or 4th wife . He was married to three Shrewsbury sisters my great great grandmother being the last. I don't know why the children carried the Shrewsbury name and not the Lilly. I also know that my great great great grandfather was Thomas Lilly and great great great grandmother was Rosanna Meadows. Great great great great grandfather was Robert Lilly and great great great great grandmother was Mary Frances Moody. So I have gone pretty far back but can't find any information on Thomas or Robert as to were and when they were born and if they were in the Revolutionary War. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Cheryl Cain

My mothers name was Phyllis Ester Shrewsbury

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes my grandfathers name was Winton Lumma Shrewsbury great grandfather was Edward Shrewsbury and my great great grandfather was Pleasant Lilly