Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
possible family relationship

I was told that there are some DeLille's in your family's early ancesters. I've been looking for some of mine who seem to have gotten lost in the early 1800s in the Wheeling area. I would love to make some sort of family connection.
Thanks,
Marty DeLille

2nd e-mail address: martin.delille@dpsg.com

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? no, but am hopeing to

Re: possible family relationship

I have always heard that our last name was changed from DeLille to Lilly after our ancestors came to America from France. I have an old family tree that was put together by an aunt that supposedly traces us back to William The Conqueror. I will pull it out and try to repost some of the info. Perhaps that will help.

Re: possible family relationship

Marty & Pamela,

There are several fraudulent genealogies concerning this Lilly family. There is no known link to the parents of Robert Lilly (~1740-1819) who married Mary Frances Moody. Any connection made will probably have to be done using genetic testing. There has also been some confusions about this couples life spans. To the best of my knowledge neither of them lived to be over 100 years old.

Sincerely, Cousin Bob

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes, 5 or 6 ways