Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Slab Fork Lilly family

Hello everyone, just needed to see if anyone can help me with my side of the Lilly family.I am looking for information on the second wife of Aaron Washington Lilly. She is listed as Arminta or Minta Lilly and gave her birthday of May 1856 in the U.S. Census. She and her children are listed as cousin and second cousin and living with Aaron and his wife Martha Whitlock and by 1910 Aaron and Arminta are married and the children are listed as his. I had no information on Arminta other than as a Lilly. I can find no indication of a prior marriage for Arminta. She had children named Levi, Sullivan, Mary, and Fanny among others. In the Census where she and her children are listed as cousins there is the initial "S" after their first name. I guess now you know as much as I do! If you have heard of any of these people or know something I would greatly appreciate your help! I've had a headache now for three years from constantly running into this brick wall! Thank you.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? not yet!

Re: Slab Fork Lilly family

Hi Estil,

I have information on your Lilly line but nothing
on the ancestors of Araminta. If you are willing
to swap information please contact me via email.

See your lineage below.

I am very interested in where you found Aaron in the
1900 census as I have not transcribed that info yet.

Sincerely,

Cousin Bob in Rochester, NY

Direct Descendants of Robert Lilly, Sr.

1 Robert Lilly, Sr. 1735 - 1810
.. Mary Frances (Fanny) Moody 1732 - 1807
........2 Thomas Edmond Lilly 1770 - 1834
............ Rosanna Meador 1771 - 1851
...................3 Robert B. (Bear Wallow Bob) Lilly 1805 - 1883
....................... Elizabeth (Betsy) Payne 1805 - 1880
.............................4 Aaron W. Lilly 1837 - 1910

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes, 5 or 6 ways

Aaron W. Lilly age 18, son of Robert and Elizabeth married Martha Whitlock of Patrick,Va. age 27, daughter of Joseph and Anna, Dec. 27, 1855. A.W. Lilly age 67 married Minta Shrewsberry age 46 on Aug.13, 1906. You can see A.W. and Mintas marriage license on wvculture.org

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? no

I am also a descendant of Robert "Bear Wallow" Lilly. He had a son, Pleasent H.which would have been my great, great grandfather. Pleasent had a son, Charlie and Charlie was my grandpa's dad. My grandpa was Oscar B. Lilly from Hinton area, Oscar married Laura Ann O'Neal that's my mothers (Ethel Mae Lilly) parents. I have the big printed family tree, but there is one thing I don't understand...the monument near the reunion site has Mary and Robert Lilly buried there and one died at 108 and one 114 years old? How can that be for back then?

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Rosana Meador & Thomas Lilly1st, RobBearwallow,Pleasant,Charley,Oscar

Hi Cousin Brenda,
You can get anything you want carved in stone if you you have the price of the work. I believe it is generally accepted that those dates are not correct, but it makes a good story. Cousin Bob

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes, 6 ways